A Message from the Program Director...
Welcome to the Internal Medicine Residency Program at Advocate Christ Medical Center. I am delighted you are visiting us and learning more about all the great achievements of our residents. While it is tough to summarize everything in a few words, the following come to my mind: collegiality, high achievers, compassionate, driven and diverse. Our residents embody all of these, and more. They have successfully taken on challenges in primary care and hospitalist medicine as well as sub-specialty fellowships in a variety of academic and private practice settings.
Our residents train in the largest hospital of the largest health system in the state of Illinois and have a unique opportunity to practice in an environment that fosters high quality care and population health. I invite you to visit us both virtually, on this website, as well as in person and explore all that Advocate Health has to offer.
From the desk of the Chairman...
Our Residency Training Program is an integral part of our Department or Medicine as well as our Medical Center. It brings me great joy to see enthusiastic faces every year eager to become top physicians. Our training program is a capstone to their education that enables them to achieve their lifelong dream.
Our teaching faculty is friendly and energetic. Our medical center is constantly growing and remains a top performing hospital year after year. The diversity of the patients is incredible with many transfers from other hospitals coming to us on a daily basis due to our expertise in treating many different conditions. I take great pride in being part of this medical center for over 20 years and as Chairman I wholeheartedly support the Residency Training Program so it will continue to succeed year after year.
I have no doubt that our residents are well prepared for an ever-changing healthcare environment and will succeed in their ambitions. I look forward to meeting you and welcoming you to our medical family.
Why Choose ACMC?
What makes us unique?
- Traditional and Hospitalist-style Inpatient Teams
- Constant focus on educational growth, including an assigned "teaching resident" on each general medicine floor team
- Unique Electives:
- Cardiology: Advanced Heart Failure, Echocardiogram/Interventional
- Pulmonary/Critical Care: Interventional Pulmonology, Anesthesia, Ultrasound, Trauma/Surgical ICU
- For Preliminary Candidates: Interventional Radiology, Diagnostic Radiology, PM&R
- Brand New Simulation Center with high fidelity mannequins, realistic ICU/inpatient/outpatient settings, and task training/procedural mannequins. A state-of-the-art point of care ultrasound trainer is coming later this year.
- Observation unit training
- Hospitalist, General Internal Medicine, Medical Education, and Quality Improvement Pathways
- MBA & MPH programs available at the University of Illinois at Chicago, free of tuition
Where in the world are our 2018-2019 Residents from?
Advocate Christ Medical Center
4440 W 95th St
Oak Lawn, Illinois 60453
Located a mere 13 miles (30-35 minute drive) from the central loop of downtown Chicago. Our ideal location gives residents the option to live in an exciting urban atmosphere or enjoy the more quiet comforts of suburban life.